My Sewful Retirement

A Quilting Journey

Halloween Finally…

Happy Tuesday!

My guests have left and my small dinner party was a success! Now that I have time and a smaller house I truly enjoy decorating with quilty goodies πŸ™‚

Today I’d like to share the last of my 2018 Halloween projects.

I did all the cooking and baking so I had to have new kitchen towels and potholders – right?!!!

Halloween 2018 Kitchen Towel Applique

Halloween 2018 Jack O Lantern Applique

Going back and forth between the stove and sink I needed a rug….

Halloween 2018 Kitchen Rug String Finished

Halloween 2018 QAYG Kitchen Rug String Finished

My guests enjoyed spending time in my sewing room – so I made a mini quilt to hang over one of my machines…..

halloween 2018 mini house quilt

Halloween 2018 mini house quilt

We had to eat…dinner was the reason for the gathering!Β  New topper and napkins….

Halloween 2018 Homespun TT

Halloween 2018 Homespun TT

Finally gifts for my guests….

halloween 2018 kitchen gift set

Halloween 2018 kitchen gift set

Hope you have a wonderful Halloween!

Linking with Freemotion by the River.

Until next time happy sewing!

Single Post Navigation

21 thoughts on “Halloween Finally…

1. Michele on said:

Everything looks fabulous!

Liked by 1 person

2. What great Halloween decorations you whipped up. Lucky guests too!

Liked by 2 people

3. What fun you must have had! I’m sure your guests enjoyed every minute. Your decorations and quilts are perfect!

Liked by 2 people

4. dezertsuz on said:

What wonderful Halloween finishes. Lucky guests to get to take a piece home with them, too. And now it’s time to start the Thanksgiving celebration! =)

Liked by 2 people

5. Hi Karla! Wow, you really went all out. How very fun – every detail is just perfect. And gifts for your guests to take home. You are so sweet and talented. I just love the towels on your stove, but also the rug!! It looks so cool for you to stand on, and not that much white after all. Happy Halloween my friend! ~smile~ Roseanne

Liked by 1 person

• Thanks Roseanne, It was a lot of fun! Our friends were impressed. The rug was a QAYG string project I was really pleased with the results – this time I used Gorilla Grip drawer liner for backing! I highly recommend it – Happy Halloween my friend πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

6. Wow, what fun and I really like the big pumpkin in the middle.

Liked by 1 person

7. I love the Halloween projects – the Kitchen Gift set is especially adorable!

Liked by 1 person

8. Connie Kresin Campbell on said:

What beautiful quilt projects! I bet your company really enjoyed all of it! Thanks for sharing.

Liked by 1 person

9. Sara Fridley on said:

Wow! You have some awesome Halloween projects. The faces on those black towels just made me laugh.

Liked by 1 person

10. lv2bquilting2 on said:

Hi Karla…..I arrived here via Free Motion by the River, and found some things I really like while perusing the area. Do you have patterns or tutorials for your Halloween projects, especially that wonderful table topper? I also like the name of your blog. I will do more looking around when I have more time, because right now, I have a pot of soup boiling over. Yuckkkkk

Liked by 1 person

• Hi — I’m glad you found me! I love Connie’s site – I get lots of inspiration from her! I don’t have written tutorials but I have sketches of everything and I’d be happy to share them with you. I was an accountant and still love to use graph paper πŸ™‚

• lv2bquilting2 on said:

What a generous offer Karla! I would love to take you up on it whenever you have the time. Fortunately I have a family that really appreciates the hand made gifts I make. Thank you so much!