This week has been busy!
I’d like to share with you my first commissioned quilt! The customer wanted something in yellow and gray and left the design choice to me and most important wanted the quilt in the mail by Friday (today) for a shower next week.
I had a few yellow and gray fat quarters in my stash so I got busy.
- cut the FQ’s into 2.5 inch strips
- sewed 3 strips together
- cut each strip into 6.5 inch squares
- paired each pieced square to a white 6.5 inch square to create half square triangles
- squared the hst’s to 6 inches
- arranged the blocks into a 6 x 6 layout
- added a 1.5 inch inside border
- added a 3.0 inch outside border
- straight line quilting along the seams with my walking foot
I usually gift most items I make so it was weird/good to get paid 🙂
Hope you have a pieceful weekend!