I finished my purse last night — just in time to use it this weekend! YAY!! We are going to Atlanta to spend time with family.
My inspiration came from this video by the Fat Quarter Shop. No dimensions were given in the video because a pattern was available for purchase. The video was still very helpful allowing me to create my own design.
- My bag measures 13 inches tall and 14 inches wide with a 3 inch depth
- I used 24 black/gray/and white 5 inch squares to create the front and back of the purse from Moda’s ombre confetti metallic dots fabric line.
- The layout was a 3 x 4 grid for both front and back
- I quilted the front and back in a diamond cross hatch design using a light gold metallic thread
- To give the bag support and body I used Pellon TP971F Fusible Thermolam Plus and Pellon SF101 Shape Flex Woven Interfacing
- To make the adjustable strap I started with a 4 x 60 inch piece of fabric.
- I used an adjustable buckle, two lobster claws, and 2 D-rings all 1 inch for the hardware.
- Unfortunately I didn’t have any metal zippers on hand so I used a 12 inch nylon zipper — going forward I will definitely purchase purse zippers.
- The inside lining has three pockets — one pocket has a zipper.
Looking forward to using the purse this weekend before I start making gifts for my girls!
Have a wonderful weekend and happy sewing!